Organ Mountains

Organ Mountains

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

No Joke

     Happy April Fool's Day.  I see Google has opted to not make a jokey Google Doodle in this time of panic over the pandemic.  I can appreciate the decision, given the assault on the media giants by the government but if there's ever been a time the populace could use a laugh, it's probably now.....
     Follow up on my last post: The husband/wife team that makes those wonderful empanadas was not at the market last Saturdy.  I sure hope it's a temporary glitch in their supply chain.  Their empanadas are soooooo  goooood 😋😋

     So of course I continued my social distancing with  bike riding on the ditches.  The shot below is as close as you'll get to a selfie.  Just me and the bike in shadow with a photo-bombing thumb:
   

     Now people have been working on this field for several months.  I figured it was going to be a new housing development. Never been so happy to be wrong!!  That's a new concrete irrigation ditch and all those white markers are baby pecan trees----a whole huuuuuge orchard!!!  (And the shadow selfie photo-bombed it too)


     I continued down the ditches and levee road until it intersected with the paved loop trail around Las Cruces and Mesilla.  The bike insisted on a portrait by the information marker:

   

     I know there are roadrunners in the area.  Usually they are too quick and scoot away by the time you stop, get the phone,  and try to capture their image.  But this morning I got lucky!!  This guy stood right there on the wall so I could take his portrait:

     
     And further along, bike and I came to a fallow field.  We've all heard about the lilies of the field and amber waves of grain but I got a pic of some egrets outstanding in their field......


     And of course, it's impossible to ride in this area without the mountain views:

Picacho Peak

The Dona Anas

The Robledos, home to the Dinosaur Trackways Monument

     So that's how one person is coping with Covid.  I hope all of you are paying attention (as if you can escape the news coverage!) to the reasonable demands being made on we citizens in an attempt to flatten the curve.  If we focus on the alarmist views, 2 million deaths, an economic depression, we'll all be wishing for those end days.  Don't know how the rapture proceeds with social distancing and not sure I want to find out, either.  So wash your hands, keep your distance, go ahead and have that 3rd glass of red..............Oh, and should you need more information, I'd recommend the Axios site.  And for how to avoid the virus from the CDC , also what to do if you get it-- this link includes a self-screening tool.  Be safe!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment